Follow these checklists for successful drone flights
A note on safety: It is the drone operator’s responsibility to ensure that the Ware system is operated in a safe manner at all times. Ensure that the operation of the system does not put any persons or property in danger. Please review the Drone Safety section.
Ensure all equipment is in good working condition and that batteries and mobile devices are charged.
- Determine which aisle(s) to fly in
- Charge all drone batteries to 100%
- Charge mobile device battery to 100%
- Visually inspect drone’s body and propellers for any damage
- Clean the top (3) and bottom (3) navigation cameras with the microfiber cloth, as well as the front facing camera
The above diagram shows how the launchpad should be aligned prior to your first flight and any observers or onlookers should position themselves outside of the flight area.
- Place the Launch Pad on the warehouse floor with “FRONT” facing towards the first side of the aisle for the drone to scan and aligned with a column navigation tag
- The drone will first scan 3 bays to its right, then 3 bays to its left
- The drone will then return to its starting point, spin 180 degrees, and then scan 3 bays to its left, then 3 bays to its right
- Insert fully charged battery into drone
- Place drone on center of Launch Pad pointing towards the initial side of the aisle to scan
- Turn on drone by pressing and holding the button on the battery for 5 seconds
- Open the Skydio 2 app on your mobile device
- Ensure there are no obstacles in the immediate vicinity of takeoff
- Press and hold the “Takeoff” button in the Skydio 2 app
- The drone will start its motors and come to a stationary hover about 6-7 feet above the Launch Pad
- Select the Ware skill
- Press Go
- The drone will begin automated data collection
The drone will fly autonomously and avoid hitting any stationary obstacles. The Drone Operator may take control of the drone at any time if the need arises to:
- Pause the flight
- The drone will pause in mid-air, wherever it is at that moment. You can resume the flight after pausing.
- Abort the flight
- This will cause the skill to stop and the drone will remain in a stationary hover
Once the drone completes its mission, it will return back to the Launch Pad and land automatically.
- Ensure the Launch Pad is clear of any obstacles
- The drone will automatically land
- Once the drone has landed, press and hold the battery button for 5 seconds to turn off the drone
- Gather the Launch Pad, drone, and all other equipment and return to the Nest.
Bring all equipment back to the Nest, start charging batteries and devices, and upload the data from the drone to the Nest.
Note: Never connect the drone’s USB-C port to the NUC’s USB-C port. Only connect the drone's USB-C port to its own charging cable plugged into a standard power outlet.
- Charge all batteries on the included charger(s)
- Charge mobile device
- Connect drone to its USB-C power cable and remove the battery from the drone!
- IMPORTANT: If the drone is on firmware 7.0.300, the battery must remain attached to the drone when plugging in the USB-C cable. The drone cannot power-on with the cable by itself if on firmware 7.0.300!
This process begins the offload of images from the drone’s SD card to the NUC at the Nest, which will then start transferring the images of your inventory to Ware’s servers.
Charge the drone's batteries separately, using the included drone battery charger (if applicable).